Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Beginnings: The Value of Life

I haven't been blogging faithfully as I should. Things have been really rough, especially for my dear husband Moa. He's the best thing that has happened to me. It's always a rude awaking to find out that a loved one is sick. No matter what you do or say, it can't relieve the pain they are feeling. Since Moa and I have been married, he's suffer from arthritis. Some years are worst than others but we've been able to cope. This year, he spent 7 days in the hospital. After running extensive tests, they found out he had kidney stones. He's undergone the first of two surgeries to remove these kidney stones. His recovery has been challenging. And even when his pain is unbearable and he can't sit up because his knees are inflamed. He's still wearing a smile and asking me how my day was. I can't imagine the pain he's going through. When I see that smile, all my worries melt away.
With start of this new year, we need to reevaluate our lives. How's our relationship with our loved ones? Most importantly, How's our relationship with our Heavenly Father? Mines still needs some work. We've been given this scared gift to prove our selves worthy. The value of life is priceless. We have it only for a limited time so take advantage of it. Greatness happens when we are willing to work and endure. I pray I can be as courageous as my husband some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment